Saturday, 23 October 2010

The official photographer

It's been a daunting and exhausting experience, but at the same time a privilege to have been Gail and Barry's photographer at their wedding today. Carole's been a good friend of Gails for many years so I was happy to volunteer to take some photos of the day, though as the wedding drew nearer it had become a slightly bigger occasion than first planned, increasing the pressure on me - the 'official photographer!'

Their wedding at Bolton's register office Mere Hall, and then afterwards at The Last Drop was a wonderful occasion, and even the threat of rain passed during the service, allowing me the opportunity to take photos outside, which made my task so much easier.

Gail and Barry on their wedding day

By the time the staff at the Last Drop were ready to call us through for the wedding breakfast, I'd every photo I'd wanted to take and could finally relax, enjoy the meal and a well earned drink (or two!).

Update 11/11: I've now finished all the editing work and Barry and Gail are delighted with the end results, all of which can be seen on my Flickr website. Any feedback would be most welcome.

No comments: