Thursday, 1 January 2009

New Year's Day

Having a Wii-lly good time on New Year's Day'All is quiet on New Year's Day' sang Bono in 1983, but I bet he wouldn't have penned that line if he'd had a Wii at the time and his family round for tea. We'd played a few games on Christmas Day and it had proved so popular that I'd been asked to bring it along on New Year's Day for a second helping.

Kevan showed why he was one of the bookies' favourites at ten pin bowling, his crown green technique serving him well. Everyone got involved and as always we had a lot of laughs.

Best line of the night? - As I was connecting up the Wii and plugging it in, there were no sockets free, so I asked which of the many plugs I could remove. "The telly" said Mum, "We won't be needing that".

Bless. Another one for Mal's 'book'!
:-)

No comments: