Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Carlisle Cathedral

Stained glass window, Carlisle CathedralDuring a week in the Lakes, you can always expect some poor weather, but the forecast today couldn't be wetter and there's no fun being out on the fells in those conditions. So, instead we decided to head north-east to Carlisle to do some shopping and have a look round.

The Cathedral is worth a visit and for a pound they'll give you a permit to take photographs on a non-commercial basis (so don't send me any money for this post). The stained glass windows were worth a few shots, although judging the exposure is very tricky. Unfortunately I didn't have a tripod with me but even so I was happy with the results.

The vaulted ceiling at Carlisle CathedralLooking up, the vaulted ceiling looked spectacular, and I managed to capture all of it through a wide-angle lens. Although these weren't the sort of pictures I'd expected to take during the week, the visit to the Cathedral proved a fascinating alternative.

No comments: